Horns seems custom-built for the Comic-Con crowd: It’s based on the macabre 2010 novel by Joe Hill (Stephen King’s son), it’s directed by horror maestro Alexandre Aja (The Hills Have Eyes), and it stars Harry Potter himself. Daniel Radcliffe plays Ig, a small-town guy who sprouts devilish horns from his forehead and becomes the prime suspect in his girlfriend’s (Juno Temple) murder. Yet those horns have a power that compels people to tell Ig the truth, no matter how horrible or hilarious. Hill describes the film as a ”tragicomic horredy,” and Radcliffe, now 25, was drawn to the elements that tweak his famed alter ego. Ig wears Gryffindor colors, for example, and communes with snakes. ”It sort of plays into people’s perception of [me] and slightly subverts that,” says the actor. ”It’s a joke within a joke, another layer for people who are in the know.”
Posted July 18 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Teen Wolf' season 4 DVD: See the limited edition art for Comic-Con
- Donald Trump doubles down on Mexico comments: 'It’s totally accurate'
- Kendrick Lamar's 'Alright' video, and everything isn't really all right
- Kings of Leon confirms 7th studio album is on the way
- 'Agent Carter' exclusive: Who's returning for season 2?
- Who should replace Donald Trump as host of 'The Apprentice'?
- Donald Trump is suing Univision
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson in new EW portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Ricky Martin, Tina & Jane, Paul Rudd and More!