Horns seems custom-built for the Comic-Con crowd: It’s based on the macabre 2010 novel by Joe Hill (Stephen King’s son), it’s directed by horror maestro Alexandre Aja (The Hills Have Eyes), and it stars Harry Potter himself. Daniel Radcliffe plays Ig, a small-town guy who sprouts devilish horns from his forehead and becomes the prime suspect in his girlfriend’s (Juno Temple) murder. Yet those horns have a power that compels people to tell Ig the truth, no matter how horrible or hilarious. Hill describes the film as a ”tragicomic horredy,” and Radcliffe, now 25, was drawn to the elements that tweak his famed alter ego. Ig wears Gryffindor colors, for example, and communes with snakes. ”It sort of plays into people’s perception of [me] and slightly subverts that,” says the actor. ”It’s a joke within a joke, another layer for people who are in the know.”
Posted July 18 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer speaks out!
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer revealed! What's next?
- Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner sues Hasbro over same-named toy hamster
- Casting Net: Scott Eastwood set to become action star in 'Overdrive'
- 'Scream' honors Wes Craven during finale
- Ellen Page says her 'Freeheld' role inspired her to come out
- 'Brides of Dracula' series from 'Arrow' producer gets NBC pilot commitment
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!