A few Law & Order episodes aside, Eddie Hartley’s acting career is a failure. To pay for his wife’s infertility treatments, he sells an old sex tape he made with a now-famous ex-girlfriend, thinking he can keep himself anonymous. But his identity is leaked, and soon Hartley is as famous as he always wanted to be, just for the wrong reasons. In this novel, being a star is like being trapped in a Kafka story. As Beha pushes Hartley through the bizarre mechanics of fame, he brings in everything from religion to social media. It’s a funny, sharp study of celebrity and all the strings that come with it. A-
Arts & EntertainmentsA few Law & Order episodes aside, Eddie Hartley's acting career is a failure. To pay for his wife's infertility treatments, he sells an old sex...Arts & EntertainmentsFictionChristopher BehaA few Law & Order episodes aside, Eddie Hartley's acting career is a failure. To pay for his wife's infertility treatments, he sells an old sex...2014-07-19Ecco Press
ARTS & ENTERTAINMENTS Christopher Beha
Genre: Fiction; Author: Christopher Beha; Publisher: Ecco Press
Posted July 19 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Scandal' stars tour the White House ahead of Correspondents' Dinner
- Paul Rudd had a fanboy moment over 'Captain America: Civil War'
- James Gunn's parents visited the set of 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2'
- 'Captain America: Civil War' video spotlights Steve-Bucky relationship
- WATCH: Susan Sarandon & Geena Davis reunite to talk 'Thelma & Louise'
- 'Hamilton' pays tribute to 'Rent' on show’s 20th anniversary
- Will Ferrell, Chad Smith host ‘Red Hot’ charity drum-off
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch