A few Law & Order episodes aside, Eddie Hartley’s acting career is a failure. To pay for his wife’s infertility treatments, he sells an old sex tape he made with a now-famous ex-girlfriend, thinking he can keep himself anonymous. But his identity is leaked, and soon Hartley is as famous as he always wanted to be, just for the wrong reasons. In this novel, being a star is like being trapped in a Kafka story. As Beha pushes Hartley through the bizarre mechanics of fame, he brings in everything from religion to social media. It’s a funny, sharp study of celebrity and all the strings that come with it. A-
Arts & EntertainmentsA few Law & Order episodes aside, Eddie Hartley's acting career is a failure. To pay for his wife's infertility treatments, he sells an old sex...Arts & EntertainmentsFictionChristopher BehaA few Law & Order episodes aside, Eddie Hartley's acting career is a failure. To pay for his wife's infertility treatments, he sells an old sex...2014-07-19Ecco Press
ARTS & ENTERTAINMENTS Christopher Beha
Genre: Fiction; Author: Christopher Beha; Publisher: Ecco Press
Posted July 19 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Emily Ratajkowski is over 'Blurred Lines': 'It's the bane of my existence'
- Janet Jackson shares powerful new single, 'Unbreakable'
- ESPN extends Curt Schilling's suspension through MLB season
- Benicio Del Toro hints again at 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' involvement
- 'Key & Peele' prove Neil deGrasse Tyson can use his brain to get out of anything
- 'Arrow' first look: Check out Diggle's new super suit
- 'House of Cards' actor joins 'Luke Cage' as Cottonmouth
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!