A few Law & Order episodes aside, Eddie Hartley’s acting career is a failure. To pay for his wife’s infertility treatments, he sells an old sex tape he made with a now-famous ex-girlfriend, thinking he can keep himself anonymous. But his identity is leaked, and soon Hartley is as famous as he always wanted to be, just for the wrong reasons. In this novel, being a star is like being trapped in a Kafka story. As Beha pushes Hartley through the bizarre mechanics of fame, he brings in everything from religion to social media. It’s a funny, sharp study of celebrity and all the strings that come with it. A-
Arts & EntertainmentsA few Law & Order episodes aside, Eddie Hartley's acting career is a failure. To pay for his wife's infertility treatments, he sells an old sex...Arts & EntertainmentsFictionChristopher BehaA few Law & Order episodes aside, Eddie Hartley's acting career is a failure. To pay for his wife's infertility treatments, he sells an old sex...2014-07-19Ecco Press
ARTS & ENTERTAINMENTS Christopher Beha
Genre: Fiction; Author: Christopher Beha; Publisher: Ecco Press
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- Listen to EW's Sirius XM spotlight on the women of comedy, featuring Kristen Schaal
- De La Soul to fund new album via Kickstarter
- 'Flash'-'Arrow' spinoff finds its Hawkgirl: Broadway star Ciara Renee
- Wilco protests Indiana law, nixes concert
- Oxygen, Esquire Network partner on companion series 'Living With Funny,' 'Comedians of L.A.'
- 'The Flash': Mark Hamill on reprising Trickster role, bringing out epic 'Star Wars' nod
- Disney eyes live-action 'Mulan' film
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!