If you notice your computer or smartphone running hot recently, it may be because the internet is currently on fire after the release of “Bang Bang,” an en fuego team-up between Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj, and British pop star Jessie J. Written and produced by much of the creative team behind Grande’s “Problem,” including Swedish pop warlock Max Martin, “Bang Bang” is a floor-shaking pileup of soulful horn stabs and detuned kick drums. It sounds like the hyperactive love child of Amy Winehouse and DJ Mustard with a three-way battle between the vocalists to see who can go the hardest. It’s tempting to call the contest for Nicki just on general principle—bonus points for her “Queen Nicki dominant, prominent” line—but Grande’s performance, which feels like she’s determined to jump through your headphones and physically tackle your eardrums, offers some serious competition.
- Amy Schumer in talks to star in live-action 'Barbie' movie
- 'Modern Family': Charles Barkley and DeAndre Jordan to guest-star
- 'O.J.: Made in America' is now the frontrunner for Best Documentary
- Lin-Manuel Miranda watched celebrities watch 'Hamilton' in disguise
- 'Rogue One,' 'Fantastic Beasts' on Oscars shortlist for Best VFX
- Stephen Dorff is an aspiring country singer in 'Wheeler' trailer
- CNN apologizes for producer caught joking about Trump's plane crashing
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big