If you notice your computer or smartphone running hot recently, it may be because the internet is currently on fire after the release of “Bang Bang,” an en fuego team-up between Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj, and British pop star Jessie J. Written and produced by much of the creative team behind Grande’s “Problem,” including Swedish pop warlock Max Martin, “Bang Bang” is a floor-shaking pileup of soulful horn stabs and detuned kick drums. It sounds like the hyperactive love child of Amy Winehouse and DJ Mustard with a three-way battle between the vocalists to see who can go the hardest. It’s tempting to call the contest for Nicki just on general principle—bonus points for her “Queen Nicki dominant, prominent” line—but Grande’s performance, which feels like she’s determined to jump through your headphones and physically tackle your eardrums, offers some serious competition.
- 'Anne of Green Gables' adaptation finds new Anne
- '13 Going on 30' heading to Broadway as Razzle-fied musical
- Horror and fantasy authors team up for new Hellboy prose anthology
- Offerman & Mullally are uncomfortably close on 'Life in Pieces'
- Gorillaz release new digital story, 'The Book of Murdoc'
- How Benedict Cumberbatch got in shape for 'Doctor Strange'
- 'Vampire Diaries': Kevin Williamson talks Katherine's season 1 twist