If you notice your computer or smartphone running hot recently, it may be because the internet is currently on fire after the release of “Bang Bang,” an en fuego team-up between Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj, and British pop star Jessie J. Written and produced by much of the creative team behind Grande’s “Problem,” including Swedish pop warlock Max Martin, “Bang Bang” is a floor-shaking pileup of soulful horn stabs and detuned kick drums. It sounds like the hyperactive love child of Amy Winehouse and DJ Mustard with a three-way battle between the vocalists to see who can go the hardest. It’s tempting to call the contest for Nicki just on general principle—bonus points for her “Queen Nicki dominant, prominent” line—but Grande’s performance, which feels like she’s determined to jump through your headphones and physically tackle your eardrums, offers some serious competition.
- Usher announces new album, 'Hard II Love'
- 'The Girl on the Train': The terrifying scene that's not in the book
- 'The Art of Jock' is an in-depth look at a unique comic artist
- VMAs 2016: Who will win?
- Carly Rae Jepsen teases new album after releasing 'E·MO·TION Side B'
- 'Game of Thrones' actor Jason Momoa now has his own Guinness beer
- When are the VMAs? And other burning questions answered!