If you notice your computer or smartphone running hot recently, it may be because the internet is currently on fire after the release of “Bang Bang,” an en fuego team-up between Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj, and British pop star Jessie J. Written and produced by much of the creative team behind Grande’s “Problem,” including Swedish pop warlock Max Martin, “Bang Bang” is a floor-shaking pileup of soulful horn stabs and detuned kick drums. It sounds like the hyperactive love child of Amy Winehouse and DJ Mustard with a three-way battle between the vocalists to see who can go the hardest. It’s tempting to call the contest for Nicki just on general principle—bonus points for her “Queen Nicki dominant, prominent” line—but Grande’s performance, which feels like she’s determined to jump through your headphones and physically tackle your eardrums, offers some serious competition.
- Homer Simpson to vote for Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump
- 'The Mummy': Tom Cruise, Annabelle Wallis pose for set photo
- 'Fast and Furious' cast congratulates Vin Diesel on Facebook milestone
- 'Teen Wolf' star Tyler Posey apologizes for 'Gay Street' Snapchat
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': Go inside the opening gala
- J.K. Rowling meets 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' cast in photo
- 'Fast and Furious 8': Dwayne Johnson dives for cover in new set video