It is surely many an urbanite’s fantasy: Augusta (”Gus”), a painter, and Owen, a writer, have inherited enough money to move to the country, where they plan to live quietly, devoted to their art. Gus, who narrates the novel, is unflinching in her descriptions of the drama that erupts when a single woman takes up residence next door and becomes entangled in their lives, exposing the damage an earlier infidelity inflicted on their marriage. Black — a prizewinning short-story writer — writes assuredly and gracefully, and her examination of a complicated relationship is as riveting as it is occasionally heartbreaking. A-
Life DrawingIt is surely many an urbanite's fantasy: Augusta (''Gus''), a painter, and Owen, a writer, have inherited enough money to move to the country, where they...Life DrawingFictionRobin BlackIt is surely many an urbanite's fantasy: Augusta (''Gus''), a painter, and Owen, a writer, have inherited enough money to move to the country, where they...2014-08-07Random House
LIFE DRAWING Robin Black
Genre: Fiction; Author: Robin Black; Publisher: Random House
Posted August 7 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'American Idol' guest mentor Boy George picks the frontrunners of the Top 9
- Sherlock creator: Making U.S. fans wait longer is 'bloody nonsense'
- Marvel changes the Avengers lineup, adding Ms. Marvel and Miles Morales
- One Direction address Zayn Malik's exit: 'It's far from over'
- Jason Alexander to replace Larry David in 'Fish in the Dark' on Broadway
- Former 'Mad Men' stars talk saying goodbye and the 'brilliantly talented' Jon Hamm
- Watch Ed Sheeran surprise a couple on their wedding day
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!