Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not out to get you. That’s the premise of this techno-thriller, which imagines a corporate cabal — think Google — that is spying on customers and is poised to ”sneak tyranny into our lives through convenience.” Leila, a Dagny Taggart-like character who can’t fight the nefarious conspiracy herself, meets two unlikely heroes who join her resistance movement. You get the impression that Shafer loved everything about Ayn Rand’s Atlas Shrugged except its politics; the author relies too much on giant data-dumps of plot detail that should be parceled out more elegantly, and by page 422, the story is only getting started. B-
Whiskey Tango FoxtrotJust because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you. That's the premise of this techno-thriller, which imagines a corporate cabal —...Whiskey Tango FoxtrotThrillerDavid ShaferJust because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you. That's the premise of this techno-thriller, which imagines a corporate cabal —...2014-08-07Mulholland Books
WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT David Shafer
Genre: Thriller; Author: David Shafer; Publisher: Mulholland Books
Posted August 7 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Prince announces three-day Labor Day party ahead of album release
- ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween: Who's joining Harry Potter and Batman?
- Christian Slater weighs in on 'Mr. Robot' twist and season finale
- 'Mr. Robot' finale postmortem: Creator Sam Esmail answers burning questions
- 'iZombie' season 2 trailer teases what (or who) is on the menu for Liv Moore
- Casting Net: Mad Men star Jessica Pare cast in Lovesick
- 'Can't Buy Me Love' star Amanda Peterson's cause of death was an overdose
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!