Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not out to get you. That’s the premise of this techno-thriller, which imagines a corporate cabal — think Google — that is spying on customers and is poised to ”sneak tyranny into our lives through convenience.” Leila, a Dagny Taggart-like character who can’t fight the nefarious conspiracy herself, meets two unlikely heroes who join her resistance movement. You get the impression that Shafer loved everything about Ayn Rand’s Atlas Shrugged except its politics; the author relies too much on giant data-dumps of plot detail that should be parceled out more elegantly, and by page 422, the story is only getting started. B-
Whiskey Tango FoxtrotJust because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you. That's the premise of this techno-thriller, which imagines a corporate cabal —...Whiskey Tango FoxtrotThrillerDavid ShaferJust because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you. That's the premise of this techno-thriller, which imagines a corporate cabal —...2014-08-07Mulholland Books
WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT David Shafer
Genre: Thriller; Author: David Shafer; Publisher: Mulholland Books
Posted August 7 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Bible' series won't return to NBC
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!