The world of Once Upon a Time will soon come back to life—and with plenty of new faces in tow.
ABC has just released an extended synopsis of the show’s upcoming fourth season, which will introduce Frozen’s Elsa, Anna, and Kristoff, as well as Once Upon a Time in Wonderland’s Will Scarlet. (His reunion with Robin Hood should be interesting, since the two didn’t leave each other on the best of terms.)
What’s in store for the residents of Storybrooke? Here are the seven juiciest details we learned from the new logline:
1. Arendelle will play a large role in the flashbacks. ”We will discover what happened to [Elsa], her sister Anna and Kristoff, and how and why Elsa became a prisoner of Rumplestiltskin.”
2. Regina is likely going to go evil again. ”Now that Emma has brought back Robin Hood’s wife, Marian, and possibly sparked the end of Regina’s relationship with him, will she return to her old, evil ways and do everything in her power to get even?”
3. Belle is totally going to find out her new hubby duped her, right? ”Newlyweds Belle and Rumplestiltskin continue to be deeply in love with each other. But Rumple is hiding a secret from Belle—one that, if found out, could destroy their happiness: he continues to be the master of the dagger that calls upon him to be the Dark One.”
4. Being in a relationship might not be so easy for Emma and Hook. “Can Emma and Hook commit to one another, and can these two damaged people take their love to the next level?”
5. Mary Margaret and David may feel guilty over raising baby Neal. “Mary Margaret and David have a new baby, Prince Neal, and are looking forward to raising him into a proud, brave and loving adult. But they are still sad that they were not able to do this with Emma, instead helping her escape the curse when she was first born and not meeting her again until she was 28 years old.”
6. Henry is going to have to choose his path. “Henry is very happy to have both of his mothers back in Storybrooke. But with biological mom Emma and paternal grandfather Rumplestiltskin’s blood running through his veins, he will be tested by both the light and the darkness.”
7. The Knave and the Red Queen may not have gotten a happy ending after all. “Will Scarlet, a former member of Robin Hood’s band of Merry Men, has traveled across many lands to make his way to Storybrooke. He finds himself intertwined in the goings-on in town for the first time as his mysterious past pushes him to an unknown future.”
Once Upon a Time returns Sept. 28 at 8 p.m. on ABC.