Golden Coast hails from Los Angeles, and their electronics-enhanced pop projects some of the same eternally sunny optimism that the city often gives off in movies. The band’s latest single, “Dream and an MPC,” is a follow-your-dreams anthem about hustling in the music biz, a trope as old as rock ‘n’ roll that they’ve updated with a modern technological twist, both in the shout-out to Akai’s iconic sampler and the streaks of ravey synthesizers laced throughout. Between the synths and a bouncy vocal melody that recalls Vampire Weekend’s cheerier moments, it should satisfy EDM fans and indie rockers alike.
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Estelle Laure's 'This Raging Light'
- 'Silicon Valley' star T.J. Miller on his 'absurd' HBO pilot 'The Gorburger Show'
- Casting Net: Woody Harrelson, Laura Dern in negotiations for 'Wilson'
- Natalie Portman relives 'dark moments' at Harvard in commencement speech
- Thom Yorke made an 18-day-long soundtrack, still not new Radiohead music
- 'Serial' set for two more seasons
- Jenelle Evans of 'Teen Mom 2': Arrest warrant