Golden Coast hails from Los Angeles, and their electronics-enhanced pop projects some of the same eternally sunny optimism that the city often gives off in movies. The band’s latest single, “Dream and an MPC,” is a follow-your-dreams anthem about hustling in the music biz, a trope as old as rock ‘n’ roll that they’ve updated with a modern technological twist, both in the shout-out to Akai’s iconic sampler and the streaks of ravey synthesizers laced throughout. Between the synths and a bouncy vocal melody that recalls Vampire Weekend’s cheerier moments, it should satisfy EDM fans and indie rockers alike.
- 'Edward Scissorhands' 25th anniversary Blu-ray: New details
- Demi Lovato: 'Summer' turns into fall
- The Roots play 'Rappers Delight' with the Philadelphia Mayor for Fourth of July
- John Oliver's Shallow Dive: 15 topics in 60(-ish) seconds
- Miley Cyrus cameos as a skateboarding heartthrob on 'Stone Quackers'
- Amazon's 'The Man in the High Castle': Watch EW livestream of episodes 1 and 2 from Comic-Con Friday
- Miguel: How Prince, sex and late-nights in L.A. inspired his killer new album
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!