Little Orphan Annie has a lot of fans. So director Will Gluck (Friends With Benefits) knows he has to justify his reimagining of the 1977 Broadway musical. ”The first question is ‘Why Annie?”’ he says. His reply? ”It’s a timeless story of people trying to find a family.” As Annie, Oscar nominee Quvenzhané Wallis (Beasts of the Southern Wild) is a modern-day foster kid living in NYC with her mutt, Sandy, when she meets cell-phone magnate and mayoral candidate William Stacks (Jamie Foxx). Cameron Diaz plays Miss Hannigan, Annie’s jaded tether to the hard-knock life. And though the score includes new songs by indie favorite Sia, Gluck promises that the melody and lyrics of ”Tomorrow” remain untouched.
ANNIE Jamie Foxx and Quvenzhané Wallis (Barry Wetcher)
Posted August 24 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 5 best non-singles from Kanye West's 'Late Registration' on its 10th anniversary
- 'Supernatural': Jensen Ackles talks season 11's female big bad
- See the Foo Fighters rock out with Blues Traveler's John Popper
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Darius Rucker, Paris Hilton, Nick & Pharrell and More!