Little Orphan Annie has a lot of fans. So director Will Gluck (Friends With Benefits) knows he has to justify his reimagining of the 1977 Broadway musical. ”The first question is ‘Why Annie?”’ he says. His reply? ”It’s a timeless story of people trying to find a family.” As Annie, Oscar nominee Quvenzhané Wallis (Beasts of the Southern Wild) is a modern-day foster kid living in NYC with her mutt, Sandy, when she meets cell-phone magnate and mayoral candidate William Stacks (Jamie Foxx). Cameron Diaz plays Miss Hannigan, Annie’s jaded tether to the hard-knock life. And though the score includes new songs by indie favorite Sia, Gluck promises that the melody and lyrics of ”Tomorrow” remain untouched.
ANNIE Jamie Foxx and Quvenzhané Wallis (Barry Wetcher)
Posted August 24 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' animated series delves into Star-Lord's origins
- Listen to this gorgeous harp cover of Taylor Swift’s ‘Style’
- See Michael B. Jordan and Kate Mara handle awkward 'Fantastic Four' interview
- Lady Gaga gave Tony Bennett an enormous cake for his 89th birthday
- See Olivia Munn show off some serious Psylocke fighting skills
- Patrick Stewart really, really wants to join Taylor Swift’s squad
- 'Fantastic Four' cast says they still haven't seen the film
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Sam Smith, Channing Tatum, Gwyneth Paltrow and More!