In an adaptation of Michael Bond’s Paddington Bear tales, Nicole Kidman plays an evile taxidermist hell-bent on stuffing the marmalade-loving talking bear from Peru. ”I think her agent assumed she’d never heard of Paddington,” says director Paul King. ”But she went, ‘Paddington? Of course I’ll do that!”’ The titular hero is a CG creation voiced by Ben Whishaw (Skyfall), who replaces King’s original choice, Colin Firth. ”I love Colin. But it slowly became clear that Paddington does not have the voice of a very handsome older man,” says King. ”Colin was the first to say, ‘I just don’t know that I have this within me.”’ At least he wasn’t a bear about it.
PADDINGTON Paddington Bear
Posted August 24 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- Ben Affleck, Taylor Swift, the Entourage Guys & More!