In an adaptation of Michael Bond’s Paddington Bear tales, Nicole Kidman plays an evile taxidermist hell-bent on stuffing the marmalade-loving talking bear from Peru. ”I think her agent assumed she’d never heard of Paddington,” says director Paul King. ”But she went, ‘Paddington? Of course I’ll do that!”’ The titular hero is a CG creation voiced by Ben Whishaw (Skyfall), who replaces King’s original choice, Colin Firth. ”I love Colin. But it slowly became clear that Paddington does not have the voice of a very handsome older man,” says King. ”Colin was the first to say, ‘I just don’t know that I have this within me.”’ At least he wasn’t a bear about it.
PADDINGTON Paddington Bear
Posted August 24 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Scream Queens' season 2 promo pics: The doctors (and nurses) are in
- Marvin Kaplan, 'Alice' and 'Top Cat' actor, dies at 89
- Kanye West's Saint Pablo Tour has a flying stage
- 'American Horror Story' teaser channels 'Children of the Corn'
- Mayim Bialik, Marcie Leeds recreate their 'Beaches' opening scene
- Demi Moore joins R-rated comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Reese Witherspoon is 'thinking about’ another 'Legally Blonde' sequel