In an adaptation of Michael Bond’s Paddington Bear tales, Nicole Kidman plays an evile taxidermist hell-bent on stuffing the marmalade-loving talking bear from Peru. ”I think her agent assumed she’d never heard of Paddington,” says director Paul King. ”But she went, ‘Paddington? Of course I’ll do that!”’ The titular hero is a CG creation voiced by Ben Whishaw (Skyfall), who replaces King’s original choice, Colin Firth. ”I love Colin. But it slowly became clear that Paddington does not have the voice of a very handsome older man,” says King. ”Colin was the first to say, ‘I just don’t know that I have this within me.”’ At least he wasn’t a bear about it.
PADDINGTON Paddington Bear
Posted August 24 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Barack Obama crashes Stephen Colbert's post-Super Bowl 'Late Show'
- Twitter finds unofficial Super Bowl mascot in diarrhea medication ad
- Schick channels 'Transformers' for Super Bowl 50 ad
- Taraji P. Henson confuses Coldplay with Maroon 5: 'Oooooooopppps. Lmao!'
- These are the best Super Bowl 50 halftime show GIFs
- Psylocke swoops in during 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Super Bowl teaser
- See all the movie trailers that aired during Super Bowl 50