In an adaptation of Michael Bond’s Paddington Bear tales, Nicole Kidman plays an evile taxidermist hell-bent on stuffing the marmalade-loving talking bear from Peru. ”I think her agent assumed she’d never heard of Paddington,” says director Paul King. ”But she went, ‘Paddington? Of course I’ll do that!”’ The titular hero is a CG creation voiced by Ben Whishaw (Skyfall), who replaces King’s original choice, Colin Firth. ”I love Colin. But it slowly became clear that Paddington does not have the voice of a very handsome older man,” says King. ”Colin was the first to say, ‘I just don’t know that I have this within me.”’ At least he wasn’t a bear about it.
PADDINGTON Paddington Bear
Posted August 24 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles
- 'Agents of SHIELD' eyes Skye's arc: 'Birth of a superhero'