In an adaptation of Michael Bond’s Paddington Bear tales, Nicole Kidman plays an evile taxidermist hell-bent on stuffing the marmalade-loving talking bear from Peru. ”I think her agent assumed she’d never heard of Paddington,” says director Paul King. ”But she went, ‘Paddington? Of course I’ll do that!”’ The titular hero is a CG creation voiced by Ben Whishaw (Skyfall), who replaces King’s original choice, Colin Firth. ”I love Colin. But it slowly became clear that Paddington does not have the voice of a very handsome older man,” says King. ”Colin was the first to say, ‘I just don’t know that I have this within me.”’ At least he wasn’t a bear about it.
PADDINGTON Paddington Bear
Posted August 24 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Being Mary Jane' postmortem: Behind Mark's surprising decision, and what's next
- The first 'Captain America: Civil War' trailer has arrived
- Adele performs 'Hello' with Jimmy Fallon, The Roots, and classroom instruments
- 'Dancing With the Stars': And the winner is...
- Len Goodman is coming back to 'DWTS'
- Casting Net: Ryan Gosling eyed to play Neil Armstrong in biopic
- Trump rivals will get their equal air time on NBC stations