Mark Duplass and Elisabeth Moss play a couple who have lost their romantic spark and are sent by their oddball therapist (Ted Danson) on a retreat to reconnect (hey, at least they didn’t make a sex tape). But when they arrive at the country house, strange things start happening. Trippy sci-fi things. Charlie McDowell’s romantic brainteaser is disarmingly clever — too clever to spoil. But it’s also repetitive and a bit too Spike Jonze lite. (On iTunes and VOD; in select theaters 8/22) B
THE ONE I LOVE Mark Duplass and Elisabeth Moss
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Ted Danson, Mark Duplass, Elisabeth Moss; Director: Charlie McDowell; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: RADiUS-TWC
Posted August 26 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Downton Abbey' boss breaks down season 5 finale's surprises
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer burning Q's on Emma
- 'Focus' is weekend's No. 1 movie: $19.1M
- 'Walking Dead': Tovah Feldshuh on her arrival as...
- 'Walking Dead' director Greg Nicotero on 'Remember'--and the scenes we didn't see
- Margot Robbie's 'Focus' audition: 'craziest 24 hours'
- Leonard Nimoy's Mr. Spock: A tribute to the humane spirit