Mark Duplass and Elisabeth Moss play a couple who have lost their romantic spark and are sent by their oddball therapist (Ted Danson) on a retreat to reconnect (hey, at least they didn’t make a sex tape). But when they arrive at the country house, strange things start happening. Trippy sci-fi things. Charlie McDowell’s romantic brainteaser is disarmingly clever — too clever to spoil. But it’s also repetitive and a bit too Spike Jonze lite. (On iTunes and VOD; in select theaters 8/22) B
THE ONE I LOVE Mark Duplass and Elisabeth Moss
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Ted Danson, Mark Duplass, Elisabeth Moss; Director: Charlie McDowell; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: RADiUS-TWC
Posted August 26 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Mark Hamill to return as The Joker for 'The Killing Joke'
- Hugh Jackman shares final ‘Wolverine’ teaser image
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- HBO developing new Wild West drama series 'Untamed'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Matthew & Keri, Katy Perry, Cate Blanchett & More!