Mark Duplass and Elisabeth Moss play a couple who have lost their romantic spark and are sent by their oddball therapist (Ted Danson) on a retreat to reconnect (hey, at least they didn’t make a sex tape). But when they arrive at the country house, strange things start happening. Trippy sci-fi things. Charlie McDowell’s romantic brainteaser is disarmingly clever — too clever to spoil. But it’s also repetitive and a bit too Spike Jonze lite. (On iTunes and VOD; in select theaters 8/22) B
THE ONE I LOVE Mark Duplass and Elisabeth Moss
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Ted Danson, Mark Duplass, Elisabeth Moss; Director: Charlie McDowell; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: RADiUS-TWC
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- See the exclusive trailer to Amy Berg's explosive Hollywood pedophile documentary, 'An Open Secret'
- 'Person of Interest' post-mortem: Showrunners talk emotional finale and the return of Taraji P. Henson
- 'Agents of SHIELD': Inside the tie-in to 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'
- 'Person of Interest' season 4 finale react: A new world order
- 'Forever' exec producer on Henry's secret--safe or out?
- Casting Net: Ashton Kutcher, Josh Hartnett cast in James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Tom Brokaw vs. cancer: 'Dateline' special
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Taylor Swift, Cate Blanchett, James Marsden & More!