Mark Duplass and Elisabeth Moss play a couple who have lost their romantic spark and are sent by their oddball therapist (Ted Danson) on a retreat to reconnect (hey, at least they didn’t make a sex tape). But when they arrive at the country house, strange things start happening. Trippy sci-fi things. Charlie McDowell’s romantic brainteaser is disarmingly clever — too clever to spoil. But it’s also repetitive and a bit too Spike Jonze lite. (On iTunes and VOD; in select theaters 8/22) B
THE ONE I LOVE Mark Duplass and Elisabeth Moss
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Ted Danson, Mark Duplass, Elisabeth Moss; Director: Charlie McDowell; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: RADiUS-TWC
Posted August 26 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sesame Street's' Maria is departing after more than 40 years
- Casting Net: Michael Ian Black and Missi Pyle sign on for 'Slash'
- Blood Orange releases Charleston-influenced song 'Do You See My Skin Through The Flames?'
- Rihanna has done something no one else has ever done
- Chumbawamba launched Kickstarter for I Get Knocked Down documentary
- Lifetime greenlights flick about Charles Manson gals
- 'Graceland' first look: Watch Johnny help Sid escape
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files': David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Beyoncé, LL Cool J, Taylor Swift & More!