Mark Duplass and Elisabeth Moss play a couple who have lost their romantic spark and are sent by their oddball therapist (Ted Danson) on a retreat to reconnect (hey, at least they didn’t make a sex tape). But when they arrive at the country house, strange things start happening. Trippy sci-fi things. Charlie McDowell’s romantic brainteaser is disarmingly clever — too clever to spoil. But it’s also repetitive and a bit too Spike Jonze lite. (On iTunes and VOD; in select theaters 8/22) B
THE ONE I LOVE Mark Duplass and Elisabeth Moss
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Ted Danson, Mark Duplass, Elisabeth Moss; Director: Charlie McDowell; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: RADiUS-TWC
Posted August 26 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Hulk Hogan talks possible villain role in 'Expendables 4'
- Charter/Time Warner deal will affect 1 in 6 households
- Documentary to explore George Miller's attempted 'Justice League' movie
- 'Grace of Monaco' screenwriter live tweets Lifetime premiere
- A$AP Rocky dropped his new album at midnight
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- George & Amal, Prince Harry, Ansel Elgort & More!