Larkin Poe is a duo from Atlanta comprised of sisters Rebecca and Megan Lovell and named for a distant relative who was himself distantly related to Edgar Allen Poe. The sisters share an infatuation with roots sounds, frequently incorporating traditional song structures and instruments like the mandolin and Dobro into their music, but they also boast strong pop instincts. On Oct. 14, they’ll release their new album, Kin, in Restoration Hardware stores, with a broader release a week later. The first single, ”Don’t,” pulls from rock’s earliest days, mixing it with a stomping glam rock beat and a country-inflected pop melody.
Posted August 28 2014 — 12:05 PM EDT
- Hillary Clinton addresses Death Row Records wardrobe meme
- 'HTGAWM' star on Michaela's 'fractured' relationship with mom
- Gordon Ramsay rails against the five worst Halloween treats
- NFL star Richard Sherman dressed as Harry Potter
- Celebrities wish Hillary Clinton a happy birthday
- WATCH: Ruth Wilson on 'I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House'
- WATCH: Werner Herzog got special permits to shoot volcano doc in North Korea
- The 16 Best Halloween Movies to Stream Right Now
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers