Warning: The American flag may contain Red 40 and Blue 1. In Clark’s hit-and-miss satire, a chemist discovers that a popular sweetener may cause lethargy, obesity, ennui, and other afflictions. When his family starts exhibiting symptoms, he must decide whether their illnesses are related or just a by-product of American middle-class life. The commentary is as subtle as fake grape flavoring, but the subject matter won’t leave a bad taste in your mouth. B-
Sweetness #9Warning: The American flag may contain Red 40 and Blue 1. In Clark's hit-and-miss satire, a chemist discovers that a popular sweetener may cause lethargy,...Sweetness #9FictionStephan Eirik ClarkWarning: The American flag may contain Red 40 and Blue 1. In Clark's hit-and-miss satire, a chemist discovers that a popular sweetener may cause lethargy,...2014-08-28Little, Brown and Company
SWEETNESS #9 Stephan Eirik Clark
Genre: Fiction; Author: Stephan Eirik Clark; Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
Posted August 28 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Fear the Walking Dead producers reveal how much time season 1 will cover
- The CW moves up premiere dates for 'Jane the Virgin,' 'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend'
- Jemaine Clement voices a 'mind-reading fart' in exclusive 'Rick and Morty' clip
- John Carpenter pays tribute to 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper
- Patrick Stewart on cocaine is hilarious in 'Blunt Talk' trailer
- Wrestling great Roddy Piper dies
- See the exclusive first trailer of 'First Times with Jenn and Jack'
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!