Warning: The American flag may contain Red 40 and Blue 1. In Clark’s hit-and-miss satire, a chemist discovers that a popular sweetener may cause lethargy, obesity, ennui, and other afflictions. When his family starts exhibiting symptoms, he must decide whether their illnesses are related or just a by-product of American middle-class life. The commentary is as subtle as fake grape flavoring, but the subject matter won’t leave a bad taste in your mouth. B-
Sweetness #9Warning: The American flag may contain Red 40 and Blue 1. In Clark's hit-and-miss satire, a chemist discovers that a popular sweetener may cause lethargy,...Sweetness #9FictionStephan Eirik ClarkWarning: The American flag may contain Red 40 and Blue 1. In Clark's hit-and-miss satire, a chemist discovers that a popular sweetener may cause lethargy,...2014-08-28Little, Brown and Company
SWEETNESS #9 Stephan Eirik Clark
Genre: Fiction; Author: Stephan Eirik Clark; Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
Posted August 28 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- The Roots play 'Rappers Delight' with the Philadelphia Mayor for Fourth of July
- See John Oliver cover flip flops, orgies, and 13 other topics in under two minutes
- Miley Cyrus cameos as a skateboarding heartthrob on 'Stone Quackers'
- The first two episodes of Amazon's 'The Man in the High Castle' will stream on EW this Friday
- Miguel: How Prince, sex and late-nights in L.A. inspired his killer new album
- Britney Spears recreates 'Oops' cover with kids
- USA Women win soccer's World Cup: Celebs on Twitter say...
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!