An aging matinee idol; a chorus-girl Lolita; a vodka-sozzled stage mom: The story of legendary swashbuckler Errol Flynn’s final love affair is the stuff the best Hollywood Babylon scandals were made of. Stars Kevin Kline (who seems born to play the part), Dakota Fanning, and Susan Sarandon do their best to bring some A-list shine to this modest period piece. But in the end it’s a fond, fairly toothless B-movie take on a romance that wasn’t so much May-December as straight-up statutory. B
Susan Sarandon in The Last of Robin Hood (Quantrell D.Colbert)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Dakota Fanning, Kevin Kline, Susan Sarandon; Director: Richard Glatzer, Wash Westmoreland; Release Date Limited: 08/29/2014; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: IDP Distribution, Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted August 29 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Robin Williams' widow pens essay about his brain disorder
- Former 'Power Rangers' star denies killing his roommate with a sword
- Watch Britney Spears sing Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off' on helium
- 'Once Upon a Time': Is there hope for Belle and Rumple?
- Colin Trevorrow: 'Jurassic World 2' will be 'suspenseful and scary'
- NBC scraps 'Mail Order Family' comedy after backlash
- 'Stranger Things' is even stranger in 8-bit animated remake