An aging matinee idol; a chorus-girl Lolita; a vodka-sozzled stage mom: The story of legendary swashbuckler Errol Flynn’s final love affair is the stuff the best Hollywood Babylon scandals were made of. Stars Kevin Kline (who seems born to play the part), Dakota Fanning, and Susan Sarandon do their best to bring some A-list shine to this modest period piece. But in the end it’s a fond, fairly toothless B-movie take on a romance that wasn’t so much May-December as straight-up statutory. B
Susan Sarandon in The Last of Robin Hood (Quantrell D.Colbert)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Dakota Fanning, Kevin Kline, Susan Sarandon; Director: Richard Glatzer, Wash Westmoreland; Release Date Limited: 08/29/2014; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: IDP Distribution, Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted August 29 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Box office preview: 'Don't Breathe' stalks top spot
- Rory Culkin's life becomes a nightmare in trailer for 'Jack Goes Home'
- Denzel Washington circling lead role in Dan Gilroy's 'Inner City'
- Hear Florence + the Machine's 'Wish That You Were Here'
- Ann Coulter, Ralph Macchio added to Rob Lowe roast
- 'Days of Our Lives' star Kassie DePaiva reveals leukemia diagnosis
- Final Five gymnastics team will present at the VMAs