An aging matinee idol; a chorus-girl Lolita; a vodka-sozzled stage mom: The story of legendary swashbuckler Errol Flynn’s final love affair is the stuff the best Hollywood Babylon scandals were made of. Stars Kevin Kline (who seems born to play the part), Dakota Fanning, and Susan Sarandon do their best to bring some A-list shine to this modest period piece. But in the end it’s a fond, fairly toothless B-movie take on a romance that wasn’t so much May-December as straight-up statutory. B
Susan Sarandon in The Last of Robin Hood (Quantrell D.Colbert)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Dakota Fanning, Kevin Kline, Susan Sarandon; Director: Richard Glatzer, Wash Westmoreland; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: IDP Distribution, Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted August 29 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about long hair
- Missy Elliott takes show into the crowd at Essence Fest
- 'Jurassic World' stomps 'Terminator Genisys,' 'Magic Mike XXL' at holiday box office
- Kelly Clarkson and more top moments from 'Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular'
- Kelly Rutherford reunites with her kids
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!