An aging matinee idol; a chorus-girl Lolita; a vodka-sozzled stage mom: The story of legendary swashbuckler Errol Flynn’s final love affair is the stuff the best Hollywood Babylon scandals were made of. Stars Kevin Kline (who seems born to play the part), Dakota Fanning, and Susan Sarandon do their best to bring some A-list shine to this modest period piece. But in the end it’s a fond, fairly toothless B-movie take on a romance that wasn’t so much May-December as straight-up statutory. B
Susan Sarandon in The Last of Robin Hood (Quantrell D.Colbert)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Dakota Fanning, Kevin Kline, Susan Sarandon; Director: Richard Glatzer, Wash Westmoreland; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: IDP Distribution, Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted August 29 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bob Saget joins 'Fuller House,' says John Stamos in a tweet
- 'Wayward Pines' boss Chad Hodge talks episode 3: The Terrence Howard hymnal you didn't hear
- National Spelling Bee announces two champions
- '19 Kids & Counting' nix: Hulu exec says...
- Mariah Carey: 'Idol' was 'worst experience of my life'
- Kristen Bell live tweets her mistaken UberPool ride
- Casting Net: B.J. Novak joins Michael Keaton's 'The Founder,' Will Forte boards Key & Peele comedy