An aging matinee idol; a chorus-girl Lolita; a vodka-sozzled stage mom: The story of legendary swashbuckler Errol Flynn’s final love affair is the stuff the best Hollywood Babylon scandals were made of. Stars Kevin Kline (who seems born to play the part), Dakota Fanning, and Susan Sarandon do their best to bring some A-list shine to this modest period piece. But in the end it’s a fond, fairly toothless B-movie take on a romance that wasn’t so much May-December as straight-up statutory. B
Susan Sarandon in The Last of Robin Hood (Quantrell D.Colbert)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Dakota Fanning, Kevin Kline, Susan Sarandon; Director: Richard Glatzer, Wash Westmoreland; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: IDP Distribution, Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race': Our exclusive audience with the second-chance queen
- 'Bachelorette' first promo: This crazytown ain't big enough for the both of them
- 'Originals' boss breaks down latest shockers, previews a devastating finale
- 'Ant-Man' gets a tiny billboard campaign
- Django Django unveil trippy, magenta-hued video for 'Beginning to Fade'
- 'Agents of SHIELD' spinoff to star Adrianne Palicki, Nick Blood
- AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd pleads guilty
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Katy Perry, Tim & Faith, Blake Lively and More!