There have been good Elmore Leonard adaptations and bad ones. But this interpretation of his 1978 novel The Switch may be the worst of the bunch. yasiin bey (a.k.a. Mos Def) and John Hawkes play small-time crooks who kidnap a rich Detroit housewife (Jennifer Aniston) and put the squeeze on her no-good husband (Tim Robbins) for $1 million. They’re inept, but not nearly as inept as Daniel Schecter’s lifeless script and direction. In fact, the only mystery in this limp caper is why Aniston took such a meh role. At least the kitschy, ’70s-era details provide some distraction. (Also on VOD) C-
Jennifer Aniston in Life of Crime (Barry Wetcher)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Jennifer Aniston, Isla Fisher, Will Forte, Tim Robbins; Director: Daniel Schechter; Runtime (in minutes): 94; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lionsgate, Roadside Attractions
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- Harvey Weinstein is facing sexual assault allegations
- Evan Rachel Wood and Brandon Flowers go back to the 19th century for 'Can't Deny My Love' music video
- Death Cab for Cutie open up about 'Kintsugi' and conscious uncoupling with Chris Walla
- WWE's 'Wrestlemania' 31: The 5 best entrances and 5 most memorable moments
- Ariana Grande adds new dates and cities to The Honeymoon Tour
- 'Saturday Night Live' best host poll: The Rock flexes his comedy muscles
- Smashing Pumpkins explore PTSD in "Drum + Fife" video
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!