Too stupid to live, but too beloved to die. Harry and Lloyd, the dim-witted stooges running on a fistful of neurons in 1994’s Dumb and Dumber, are back. Even after two decades, returning costars Jeff Daniels and Jim Carrey found it easy to slip into that empty headspace again. ”From the minute we started filming, it was like we went back in time,” says codirector Peter Farrelly. When the pair learn that Harry (Daniels) may have fathered a daughter, they set out to find her in hopes that she might donate a needed kidney. Of course, what he could really use is a brain transplant. ”It’s very freeing to be that stupid, very Zen,” says Daniels. ”I’d highly recommend it.”
Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels in Dumb and Dumber To (Hopper Stone)
Posted November 8 2014 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Bible' series won't return to NBC
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!