It looks like the Fall Out Boy reunion that produced last year’s Save Rock and Roll has stuck. Earlier today, the band posted to their blog a chunk of cryptic text followed by a Henry Miller quote followed by some more cryptic text followed by an announcement: On Dec. 8 they’ll release a new single, “American Beauty/American Psycho,” with an album of the same name on Jan. 20. Between all the feelings-intensive poetry and a reference to the tried and true “good girl/crazy chick” dichotomy, it’s classic Fall Out Boy all the way. With the speed the retro cycle’s been churning at recently it’s not impossible that the emo revival could get around to the early aughts by the time the LP drops.
Posted November 24 2014 — 4:03 PM EST
- Jennifer Hudson's 'Hairspray Live!' performance had celebs cheering
- Relive 'Hairspray Live!' with all the best GIFs
- Jennifer Lopez teases 'Bye Bye Birdie,' NBC's next live musical
- Kristin Davis thinks the 'Sex and the City' story is 'not finished'
- The Weeknd will perform on 'The Voice' season finale
- 'Jeopardy!' contestant dies from cancer week before her episode airs
- 'Hairspray Live!' featured cameos from two former Tracys
- This Is What the 2001 'Ocean's Eleven' Premiere Looked Like
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot