Hugh Jackman is indeed playing a villainous pirate in the upcoming Peter Pan origin story from Warner Bros., but here’s the hook: He’s not Hook. Pan (out July 17) takes the J.M. Barrie mythos and shuffles the deck, outfitting Jackman with a flying ship and a diabolical Vandyke as the dreaded pirate Blackbeard, whose men have been kidnapping young wartime orphans—including a certain Peter (Levi Miller, left)—from their beds. Meanwhile, Captain Hook is neither a captain nor behooked, but played by Garrett Hedlund as a dashing Indiana Jones-like figure. Says director Joe Wright, “This isn’t exactly the Neverland story you know.”
Posted November 24 2014 — 9:00 AM EST
- Adnan Syed's brother on new trial: 'We've waited 20 years for justice'
- Fergie drops party-ready 'M.I.L.F. $'
- Chadwick Boseman, Josh Gad, Sterling K. Brown cover Boyz II Men on set
- Judi Dench gets a tattoo for 81st birthday
- Gay Talese renounces his new book over credibility concerns
- Cinemark lawyers want Aurora shooting victims to foot $700K legal bill
- 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey’ get Snapchat geofilter treatment
- This Is What the 2006 'The Devil Wears Prada' Premiere Looked Like
- 27 Outspoken Celebrity Feminists
- 'The Devil Wears Prada': Patricia Field on Andy's Style Evolution
- 'Superman' cape, 'I Love Lucy' dress, and more up for auction
- 10 Sequels That Took More Than 10 Years
- See the Famous Voices Behind 'Anastasia'