In case there was any doubt, Harrison Wells (Tom Cavanagh) is The Flash’s Reverse Flash.
“He’s the man in the yellow suit. Yes, I am Reverse Flash,” Cavanagh told reporters during The CW’s “The Heroes and Villains of Arrow and The Flash” panel at the Television Critics Association’s winter TV previews.
As viewers saw in the series premiere, the Reverse Flash murdered Barry Allen’s (Grant Gustin) mother at a young age, but Wells has since done everything in his power to both create The Flash and apparently shape him into his nemesis. Why? Viewers may get more insight in the 17th episode, which will feature a look back at the night Barry’s mother was killed. “We’re going to see what happened that night from the Reverse Flash’s point of view,” Kreisberg said. “I didn’t say it was from Wells’ point of view, I said it was from the Reverse Flash’s point of view.”
So, does that mean there’s another Reverse Flash out there? Many people suspected that Eddie Thawne (Rick Cosnett) was the man in the yellow suit, given his name’s similarity to the Reverse Flash’s alter-ego in the comics. “His name is not an accident,” Kreisberg said. “Eddie’s connection to the Reverse Flash lore is going to pay off big time in the back half of the year.”
It’s interesting to note, however, that Cavanagh said, “There is just one Reverse Flash.” That should raise some crazy theories, including whether Harrison is an older version of Eddie. “When we get into that moment and really start parsing through details of what that moment is, it’s going to be very gratifying to the audience. It’s got deeper levels. There’s so much more to it.”
The Flash returns Tuesday, Jan. 20 at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.
– ‘Vampire Diaries’ showrunner cried when she realized the ‘perfect ending’ for the series
– ‘The Vampire Diaries’ saying goodbye to Steven R. McQueen as a series regular
– ‘Arrow’: Black Canary steps up now that Oliver has ‘fallen’
– How ‘iZombie’ differs from ‘Veronica Mars’ (aside from the fact she’s dead)
– The CW renews 8 shows for next season
– The CW considering another ‘Arrow,’ ‘Flash’ spin-off: What should it be?
– CW midseason dates: ‘Supernatural’ on the move again