When it comes to lyrics, the Decemberists can get weird. But on Jimmy Kimmel last night, the Portland band skipped their usual fare about shape-shifting forest dwellers, fairy queens, and magical cranes to turn their indie folk stylings toward trashy YouTube comments. You haven’t truly experienced YouTube comments—or the Decemberists’ music, for that matter—until you’ve heard Colin Meloy sing “I can’t believe I make $5,000 a month working from home!!!! Click link below to find out how” over a jaunty baroque pop melody.
Posted January 23 2015 — 4:42 PM EST
- Nicki Minaj unveils new mobile game, 'The Empire'
- 'Salem': Marilyn Manson has a Sweeney Todd moment in exclusive clip
- News anchor cries laughing over 'bigger' beavers on live TV
- Ryan Reynolds is EW's Entertainer of the Year for 2016
- 'Spider-Man Homecoming' trailer coming this week: Get a first look now
- 'Rectify' exclusive clip: Tawney and Teddy prepare to say goodbye
- Jimmy Kimmel's Christmas Wall could get you through the holidays
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem