Sam Smith was the clear victor at the Grammys on Sunday as he walked away with four awards, which included three of the “Big Four.” But according to Shazam, Smith was nowhere to be found during music’s biggest night. Among viewers who used the app to identify what songs were among the 23 performances, Ed Sheeran stole the show. His performance of “Mr. Blue Sky” with Electric Light Orchestra was the most Shazamed moment of the night, and his rendition of “Thinking Out Loud” with John Mayer was close behind at No. 3.
Of the one of the artists who made Shazam the chart, only one was an award winner—Rihanna.
Top Most Shazamed Moments of the 2015 Grammys
- Electric Light Orchestra and Ed Sheeran, “Mr. Blue Sky”
- Katy Perry, “By the Grace of God”
- Ed Sheeran and John Mayer, “Thinking Out Loud”
- Hozier, “Take Me to Church”
- Adam Levine and Gwen Stefani, “My Heart Is Open”
- Hozier and Annie Lennox, “I Put a Spell On You”
- Rihanna, Kanye West and Paul McCartney, “FourFiveSeconds”
- Sia, “Chandelier”
- Kanye West feat. Paul McCartney, “Only One”
- AC/DC, “Highway to Hell”