- Woody Allen has cast Jesse Eisenberg, Bruce Willis, and Kristen Stewart as the leads in his next project. The film is currently untitled and there are no plot details. It’s being produced by Letty Aronson, Stephen Tenenbaum and Edward Walson. [Deadline]
- Stephanie Sigman (The Bridge) will be joining Daniel Craig in the next James Bond film, Spectre. Sigman is set to play a woman named Estrella, whose character details have not yet been shared. The film will follow Bond (Craig) while he deciphers a cryptic message to uncover a sinister organization. The film’s release is set for a Nov. 6. [The Wrap]
- Sam Strike is in negotiations to star in Leatherface, the Texas Chainsaw Massacre prequel. The film is expected to be an origin story that covers Leatherface’s early years in the ’70s. Strike is close to a deal to play Jackson, a teenager who grows up to be Leatherface. [The Wrap]
- Tricia McAlpin is set to adapt the novel Forever, Interrupted, into a film that will star Dakota Johnson. The book tells the story of a young woman who eloped after a whirlwind romance and then has to face the sudden death of her husband. She must come to terms with his loss while forming an unlikely relationship with his mother – who didn’t even know she existed. [Deadline]
- Kim Dickens has been added to the cast of Tim Burton’s adaptation of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children.” The cast currently includes Eva Green, Asa Butterfield, Ella Purnell, Allison Janney and Samuel L. Jackson. The film follows a teenager (Butterfield) who is transported to an island where he must help protect a group of orphans who have special powers from the creatures who are out to destroy them. Green plays the titlular character, who acts as a guardian for the orphans. [Variety]
(JB Lacroix/WireImage; Laura Cavanaugh/FilmMagic; Mike Marsland/WireImage)
Posted March 9 2015 — 9:27 PM EDT
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony