“Lionsong,” one of the more intriguing tracks on Vulnicura (Bjork’s big breakup album, inspired by her split from conceptual artist Matthew Barney), explores the strange moment in a dissolving relationship where hope that it repairs itself meets exhausted ambivalence. Noisey just premiered the song’s video, directed by Bjork’s longtime collaborators Inez & Vinoodh, which features the singer in the costume from the album cover—a latex bodysuit suggestive of BDSM paired with a headdress that echoes the halos in European religious art—overlaid with subtly complex visual effects by the production house Framestore.
Posted March 12 2015 — 12:05 PM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': What's happened to Agent May?
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' star on Ghost Rider's surprising move
- Damian Lewis in talks to play the villain in 'Ocean's 8'
- 'Chicago Fire' creator breaks down episode 100's big surprises
- 'Suicide Squad' Honest Trailer takes aim at the 'worst heroes ever'
- Joe Biden clarifies 2020 presidential bid comments
- 'This Is Us': Chris Sullivan on that Toby cliffhanger in the winter finale
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans