It’s been 20 years since photographer Larry Clark shook up the movie world with the explicit, controversial Kids. In his sixth feature, the filmmaker (oft dubbed King Leer) still has his eyes on the thighs of teenagers—in this case, a rural Texas kid (Adam Mediano, as overt a Clark archetype as a blonde in a Hitchcock movie) juggling sexual partners around his 16th birthday. But for all his ogling, Clark’s naturalistic dialogue is graced with moments of everyday poignancy, and his blue sense of humor, as ever, pokes out: The eight-months-pregnant high school history teacher, of course, enjoys spanking her bad-boy students with a wooden paddle. B
Genre: Drama; Starring: Adam Mediano; Director: Larry Clark; Release Date Limited: 03/27/2015; Runtime (in minutes): 106; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted March 25 2015 — 6:21 PM EDT
- Are these the best opening title sequences of all time?
- Please watch Kevin Hart’s reaction to this cat
- 'The Leftovers' creators announce third and final season premiere month
- Erika Girardi defends 'RHOBH': 'It's not just a bunch of bitches'
- 'The Vacationers' author Emma Straub plans to open Brooklyn bookstore
- Critics' Choice Awards 2016: Who should win Best Actor?
- Two brothers play a deadly board game in 'Beyond the Gates' clip
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans