Thanks to her new collection, #1 to Infinity, Mariah Carey has enjoyed a resurgence in 2015. It continued on Sunday at the Billboard Music Awards, where Carey performed two tracks backed by a 14-piece band. The 45-year-old, who canceled a performance last week because of a bout of bronchitis, started with a pitch-perfect rendition of “Vision Of Love”—her first No. 1, which turned 25 on Friday—before segueing into her most recent single, “Infinity.” The song has a long way to go before topping any charts, but Carey gave it as rousing of a performance as the track that put her in the map two decades ago. Surrounded by of-the-moment pop stars half her age, Mimi proved she still reigns supreme. Watch a clip of the performance below.
Posted May 17 2015 — 9:35 PM EDT
- 6 show-stopping highlights from 'VH1 Divas: Unsilent Night'
- Twitter's #MakeABandLazy helps musicians settle in for a nap
- Elton John confirms there is 'no truth' to retirement rumors
- Powerful new ad spotlights gun violence warning signs people miss
- Mark Wahlberg feels 'celebrities did, do, and shouldn't' talk about politics
- Jennifer Lawrence blames her butt for almost killing 'Hunger Games’ crew
- Kanye West: 'Things are going better,' says Ryan Seacrest
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big