BBQ, TV shows, migas, TV shows, margaritas, TV shows. That’s ATX, the getting-bigger-ever-year television event in Austin, Texas. This year’s event sports a Gilmore Girls reunion among many other attractions, but for those who can’t attend, EW has you covered. Ahead, all the big events planned for ATX 2015.
– A Gilmore Girls 15th anniversary reunion on Saturday night, hosted by EW (Saturday, 7:00 PM, Paramount Theater) moderated by Jessica Shaw. There’s also a sit down coffee chat with Amy Sherman Palladino, moderated by EW’s Danielle Nussbaum (Saturday, 10 AM, SFA Assembly Room).
– Dawson’s Creek fans are also in for a treat, with a number of the writers reuniting for a panel (Saturday, 3:00 PM, Paramount Theater) as well as a script reading of the pilot episode being presented by creator Kevin Williamson (Sunday, 12 PM, State Theater), who will also be featured on another panel conversation with his partner-in-crime Julie Plec (Saturday, 1:30 PM, SFA Assembly Room).
– Series finale panel: How showrunners make those brutally difficult creative choices when deciding how to conclude a series. Panelists include Marta Kauffman (Friends), Ron Cowen & Dan Lipman (Queer as Folk) and Graham Yost (Justified). EW’s Editor in Chief Henry Goldblatt will moderate (Friday, 12:30 PM, SFA Ballroom).
– The evolution and history of The Simpsons with Al Jean and James L. Brooks—who will later be presented with the 2nd annual ATX Achievement in Television Excellence Award. EW’s James Hibberd will moderate (Saturday, 3:00 PM, State Theater).
– There’s a showrunners panel with three top-notch writer-producers who have adapted various projects: Noah Hawley (Fargo), Bryan Fuller (Hannibal) and Graham Yost (Justified). Hibberd moderates (Saturday, 10:00 AM, Google Fiber Space).
– Comedy Central’s interactive Drunk History panel, where showing up sober is probably in poor taste. EW’s Natalie Abrams will moderate (Friday, 4:30 PM, Alamo Drafthouse Ritz).
– BBC America’s Orphan Black panel has co-creator Graeme Manson and star Kristian Bruun. Abrams will moderate (Sunday, 10 AM, Alamo Drafthouse Ritz).
– Fox’s mega-hit Empire has a panel featuring some of the creative talent behind the show, including producers Danny Strong, Ilene Chaiken and Wendy Calhoun (Saturday, 11:30 AM, State Theater).
Among the other highlights of the weekend: A Queer as Folk reunion, a Hannibal screening and discussion, as well as a presentation of some of Fox’s new fall series, including The Grinder, Grandfathered and Rosewood. The full schedule.