Channing Tatum 'would love' to star in second Ghostbusters reboot |


Channing Tatum 'would love' to star in second Ghostbusters reboot

(Frazer Harrison/Getty Images file)

The all-female Ghostbusters movie is currently filming, but a second potential reboot with Channing Tatum may still be in the works—even if it’s a long way off.

On Tuesday’s Howard Stern Show, when Stern asked the Magic Mike XXL star if he was working on a Ghostbusters movie, Tatum said, “That thing’s gotten messy, I’ve got to be honest. There’s a lot of people doing a lot of things on Ghostbusters. So ‘I don’t know’ is the answer.”

Earlier this year, original director Ivan Reitman and star Dan Aykyroyd established Ghostcorps, a production company to handle future Ghostbusters movies, TV, and merchandising. Since Harold Ramis died and Bill Murray remained unenthused about another Ghostbusters sequel, the next project became Paul Feig’s reboot—with Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, Kate McKinnon, and Leslie Jones—to be followed by another film directed by Joe and Anthony Russo. At the time, Tatum was named as a producer, with the potential to star.

Tatum admitted to Stern he’s definitely interested: “Look, I would love to do it. [But] there’s a lot of people in the pool right now, the Ghostbusters pool.” He added, “I think we’re in a bit of a gestation period.”

Tatum also talked about the challenges of remaking such a beloved movie. “As soon as you hear it’s happening, half of the people go, ‘Oh, what the f—? No, they cannot make that movie!’” he said. “And then the other half goes, ‘Oh yeah, I would love to see that.’”

Listen to the full clip from The Howard Stern Show below.

Related Stories
Sony looks to ‘expand the Ghostbusters universe’ with new film, production company
Set photos from the upcoming Ghosbusters reboot arrive online
Chris Hemsworth joins Paul Feig’s Ghostbusters as the receptionist