Harry Potter fans may not know the exact location of an American Hogwarts, but the real one exists in England. Alnwick Castle stood in for the famed wizarding school in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. The castle is one of many real-life locations used in the Potter films. Head to PEOPLE for a full list of places, and check out our favorites below. Accio, travel agent!
Posted June 25 2015 — 8:31 AM EDT
- The new trailer for 'Fifty Shades Darker' has arrived
- Michael Moore explains Donald Trump's strength in the Rust Belt
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Stephenie Meyer's 'The Chemist'
- Amazon names best-selling books of 2016
- Dane Cook blasts Nick Cannon for wearing turban
- WATCH: Rob Zombie talks about his love for extreme horror in new clip
- Watch the season 2 premiere of 'Con Man' — exclusive
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem