In addition to showing unconditional love for her fans, Ariana Grande has used her Twitter and Instagram accounts to take a stand for what she believes in and encourage others to do the same. In honor of the pop star’s 22nd birthday, we give you nine occasions Ariana Grande was an inspiration on social media.
1. Following Caitlyn Jenner’s April 25 interview with Diane Sawyer detailing her transition, Grande tweeted in support of Jenner:
When Jenner’s Vanity Fair cover was released six weeks later, Grande posted that the Olympian looked “stunning” and “beautiful inside and out.”
2. Grande celebrated the SCOTUS decision in favor of gay marriage on June 26 by declaring on Twitter, “LOVE WON. LOVE WINS. AND IT AL.WAYS. WILL.”
3. While rocking an “I have no tits” shirt, Grande encouraged fans to love their bodies at any height or shape.
4. Grande LOVES her dogs Toulouse and Sirius, and spoke out when she felt they were being mistreated.
5. The “Love Me Harder” singer has made an effort to help sheltered dogs find homes, partnering with organizations in New York and South Florida to sponsor dog adoptions while her Honeymoon tour was in town.
6. She also supports Miley Cyrus’s Happy Hippie Foundation, which rallies young people to fight injustice. Grande partook in one of Cyrus’ Backyard Sessions, even wearing a onesie during the shoot in hopes of “stopping as much judgment, labeling, and unkindness as we cannnnn.”
7. Grande showed love for her fellow females on National Women’s Day with a series of tweets, but continues to share work from women who inspire her year-round.
8. Grande’s most notable act of feminism came in a tweet earlier this month, in which she wrote, “I am tired of living in a world where women are mostly referred to as a man’s past, present, or future PROPERTY/POSSESSION,” referring to a recent breakup with Big Sean. “I want the people reading this to know that they are MORE THAN enough on their own.”
9. The Scream Queens actress emphasized that message in a video in which she clarified she doesn’t want to be referred to as Big Sean’s Ex, Niall Horan’s next hookup or anything other than Ariana Grande. “If that’s not interesting enough, don’t talk to me,” she says. Girl. Power.