Guardians of the Galaxy fans won’t have to wait long to see a bunch of a-holes standing in a circle on television.
Disney XD and Marvel have announced that the Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy animated series will debut on Sept. 26 at 9:30 p.m. ET with a one-hour special of back-to-back episodes. But fans can see an earlier sneak peek at the first episode, “Road to Knowhere,” when Disney XD airs it on Sept. 5 at 9 p.m. (The second episode is titled “Knowhere to Run.”) The episodes will be available on the WATCH Disney XD app on Sept. 27.
An additional set of 10 two-minute short videos will play all through August on Disney XD, exploring the series’ main characters, which mirrors the live-action film’s cast: Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Groot, and Rocket.
Check out the new poster above, and here’s the schdeule for the shorts to set your DVR accordingly:
- Aug. 1: Star-Lord Part 1 — 8:58 p.m. ET/PT, and Part 2 — 10:28 p.m. ET/PT
- Aug. 8: Groot Part 1 — 8:58 p.m. ET/PT, and Part 2 — 9:58 p.m. ET/PT
- Aug. 15: Rocket Raccoon Part 1 — 8:58 p.m. ET/PT, and Part 2 — 9:58 p.m. ET/PT
- Aug. 22: Drax Part 1 — 8:58 p.m. ET/PT, and Part 2 — 9:58 p.m. ET/PT
- Aug. 29: Gamora Part 1 — 8:58 p.m. ET/PT, & Part 2 — 9:58 p.m. ET/PT
•Boy Meets World alum joins Guardians of the Galaxyanimated series
•Guardians of the Galaxy animated series reveals who will voice Gamora, Yondu
•Guardians of the Galaxy animated series finds its Groot and Rocket Raccoon