John Stamos tried to end the Olsen twins’ career before it even started.
The Full House star admitted Thursday that a preview from Lifetime’s upcoming Unauthorized Full House Story docu-movie is correct by showing the actor trying to get rid of Mary-Kate and Ashley, who were cast on the ABC hit when they less than a year old.
“It’s sort of true that the Olsen twins cried a lot,” Stamos told critics at the Television Critics Association’s semi-annual press tour in Beverly Hills. “It was very difficult to get the shot. So I [gesturing], ‘Get them out…!’ That is actually 100 percent accurate. They brought in a couple of unattractive redheaded kids. We tried that for a while and that didn’t work. [Producers] were like, all right, get the Olsen twins back. And that’s the story.”
So here are words we never thought we’d write: Lifetime’s unauthorized documentary was right!
Stamos — on hand to promote his upcoming Fox comedy Grandfathered — also noted he’s shot two episodes of Netflix’s Fuller House revival, but wouldn’t spill any details. Last week, Netflix said they were still holding out hope the twins would change their minds about appearing in the new show.