Joan Marcus
Jessica Goodman
October 05, 2015 AT 09:04 PM EDT

The Hamilton train isn’t slowing down anytime soon. Lin-Manuel Miranda announced this weekend that everyone could experience the smash Broadway production, since he wants to film it with the current cast.

Miranda spoke in conversation with Rebecca Mead during this weekend’s New Yorker Festival and told the audience, “You-couldn’t-make-it-up filmmakers have been coming to the show.” He also said he’s talked to producers about filming this cast before this group “moves on.” That will likely take place before June.

Miranda clarified his comments on Twitter Monday morning, noting that there are no official plans in the works for filming just yet.

Last week, Miranda announced he would put out a Hamilton mixtape next year, and it would feature “remixes, covers & inspired bys.” That collection will follow the already successful Hamilton critically-acclaimed cast recording.

Hamilton hit Broadway in August and quickly became a cultural phenomenon. Miranda, its writer and star, was awarded a “Genius Grant” from the MacArthur Foundation last week.

You May Like

Comments

EDIT POST