Since taking on 007 duty in Casino Royale, Daniel Craig has had a tortured relationship with the role and has been public about his hesitancy to play Bond beyond the next installment — to which he’s contractually obligated. In June, four days after wrapping Spectre, he told EW, “This movie has taken up two years of my life, and I just need a break…. I’m not trying to be coy. People want an honest answer and I don’t have one.” Director Sam Mendes won’t be returning, regardless, and Craig’s reluctance — he recently said he’d rather “slash my wrists” than play the spy again — has fueled speculation about his replacement. Here, our picks for the next man (or woman!) with the golden gun.
Posted October 24 2015 — 10:24 AM EDT
- The Weeknd will perform on 'The Voice' season finale
- 'Jeopardy!' contestant dies from cancer week before her episode airs
- 'Hairspray Live!' featured cameos from two former Tracys
- 'Arrow': New clues to Prometheus' identity revealed
- WATCH: Chinese 'Rogue One' trailer features 'spies, saboteurs, and assassins'
- 'Madiba' first look: See Laurence Fishburne as Nelson Mandela
- John Cena vows to crush 'SNL' cast (except one member)
- This Is What the 2001 'Ocean's Eleven' Premiere Looked Like
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot