After 58 rounds of NOW That’s What I Call Music!, theater is finally getting its due. NOW That’s What I Call Broadway! is slated for release on Friday, April 29.
Like its predecessors, the 18-track album is a compilation album. This edition will include original cast recordings of some of the Great White Way’s biggest hits of the last 40 years, including “Defying Gravity” from Wicked performed by Idina Menzel and Kristen Chenoweth and Michael Crawford doing “The Music of the Night” from The Phantom of the Opera.
It doesn’t, however, feature any tracks from Broadway’s current buzzy hit, Hamilton. You’ll probably have to wait for a future edition for that one, though the Hamilton Mixtape is due out this fall.
See below for the full track list for NOW That’s What I Call Broadway!:
- “Seasons of Love” from Rent featuring the original Broadway cast
- “Defying Gravity” from Wicked featuring Kristen Chenoweth & Idina Menzel
- “All That Jazz” from Chicago featuring Chita Rivera and the original Broadway cast
- “On the Balcony of the Casa Rosada/Don’t Cry For Me Argentina” from Evita featuring Bob Gunton, Patti LuPone & Mandy Patinkin
- “The Music of the Night” from The Phantom of the Opera featuring Michael Crawford
- “Memory” from Cats featuring Betty Buckley
- “I Dreamed A Dream” from Les Misérables featuring Randy Graff
- “And I’m Telling You I’m Not Going” from Dreamgirls featuring Jennifer Holliday
- “Ease On Down the Road” from The Wiz featuring Stephanie Mills and the original Broadway cast
- “Sherry” from Jersey Boys featuring Christian Hoff, Daniel Reichard, J. Robert Spencer and John Lloyd Young
- “Mama, I’m a Big Girl Now” from Hairspray featuring Laura Bell Bundy, Kerry Butler, Harvey Fierstein, Linda Hart, Jackie Hoffman, Marissa Jaret Winokur and the original Broadway cast
- “Mamma Mia” from Mamma Mia! featuring Siobhan McCarthy, Nicolas Colicos, Paul Clarkson, Hilton McRae and the original London cast
- “Will You Love Me Tomorrow” from Beautiful: The Carole King Musical featuring Jessie Mueller
- “Tomorrow” from Annie featuring Andrea McArdle
- “When I Grow Up” from Matilda featuring Lauren Ward, Bailey Ryon and the original Broadway cast
- “Circle of Life” from The Lion King featuring Tsidii Le Loka and the original Broadway cast
- “Finale: Children will Listen” from Into the Woods featuring Bernadette Peters
- “One” from A Chorus Line featuring the original Broadway cast