It has been more than five months since the first trailer for Star Trek Beyond blasted into our universe, set to the sounds of “Sabotage” by the Beastie Boys. Now, there’s another one coming.
Last month, it was announced that the film’s new trailer would arrive at a fan event on May 20 celebrating the 50th anniversary of Star Trek. On Thursday, writer-star Simon Pegg confirmed that plan is still a go.
“Keenser says ‘relax!’” Pegg wrote on Twitter alongside a photo of Scotty’s alien pal. “One more day until the new Star Trek Beyond trailer finally drops.”
The fan event will be held at the Paramount Pictures studio lot in Hollywood, California, with the Beyond cast and crew set to join director Justin Lin for a Q&A. Fans who can’t join in person will be able to watch all the action via Facebook Live.
Back in December, when the original, high-octane trailer was released, Pegg assured fans there was more to the film than what was teased in that footage.
“It was very action-packed,” he said at the time. “It was surprising. I find it to be kind of the marketing people saying, ‘Everybody come and see this film, it’s full of action and fun,’ when there’s a lot more to it than that.”
Star Trek Beyond stars Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoë Saldana, John Cho, Simon Pegg, Anton Yelchin, and Karl Urban, as well as franchise newcomer Idris Elba. The film hits theaters on July 22.