When we left the Liars at the end of season 6, Hanna had been kidnapped, and Mary Drake revealed herself to be Jessica DiLaurentis’ twin. Another twist? Elliott, Alison’s husband, got Ali to check herself into an institution as part of his plan with Mary to take over control of the Carissimi group. It turns out, Elliott had a past with Charlotte.
Other important tidbits: Caleb kissed Hanna despite his relationship with Spencer, and Ezria rekindled their flame.
Now, in preparation for Pretty Little Liars’ seventh season, here’s a quick rundown of everything you need to know before returning to the twisted world of Rosewood.
- PLL showrunner Marlene King called season 7 the “season of homecomings,” with Drew Van Acker (Jason), Tammin Sursok (Jenna), Brant Daugherty (Noel Kahn), and Lindsey Shaw (Paige) already set to return.
- According to King, the “most romantic season yet” will feature a wedding.
- Nicholas Gonzalez joins the cast as detective Marco Furey, and rumor has it, he’s going to be in charge of the open homicides in town. Yes, there will be more than one for him to handle. Furthermore, Gonzalez teased that he’s actually going to solve a crime or two during his stay.
- From the looks of this promo, the Liars could be behind one of the murders.
- The Uber A mystery will be resolved by the end of season 7.
- Considering Andrea Parker is a series regular this season, it’s safe to say we’ll see a lot more of Mary Drake. (She even comes face-to-face with Spencer in these photos.)
Pretty Little Liars returns Tuesday at 8 p.m. ET on Freeform.