What happens when you put an aesthete in charge of advertising for a major oil company? When Jack Beddington controlled Shell’s advertising division in the 1930s he commissioned some of Britain’s finest artists — from Graham Sutherland to Paul Nash — to celebrate the motor car. The Shell Poster Book beautifully recalls this collaboration between the worlds of art and capital. A
- Lin-Manuel Miranda live-tweeted commentary for 'Hamilton's America'
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'