CHAKA! THROUGH THE FIRE Impoverished Illinois child with low self-esteem seeks solace in music and becomes a Grammy winner. TURNING POINT Fronted a band of four white guys known as Ask Rufus, landing her first record deal with them at age 19. TELLING QUOTE ”Listen, motherf – -er, I’m gonna have babies AND be a star – with you or without you.” LOW POINT In the ’70s, she contemplated jumping off a Texas hotel balcony. ON HER IMAGE ”I’m tired of feathers-and-leathers.
- Justin Bieber claims 3 of top 10 Vevo videos of 2016
- 'E.T.,' 'Godfather,' 'Casablanca' returning to the big screen in 2017
- Zack Snyder made a 'Batman v Superman,' 'Star Wars' mash-up trailer
- 'Westworld': HBO releases season 1 soundtrack to tide you over until 2018
- Seth Meyers slams the media for normalizing the 'alt-right'
- Dwayne Johnson, Zac Efron dive in for first 'Baywatch' trailer
- Watch Jimmy Fallon try new Nintendo games
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21: Meet Nick's 30 Bachelorettes
- This Is What the 2001 'Ocean's Eleven' Premiere Looked Like
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors