”My youth began when I was twenty-one,” explains Fenfang, an aspiring actress and the spirited protagonist of Xiaolu Guo’s novel. ”That was when I started to think that all those shiny things in life — some of them might possibly be for me.” Fenfang moves to Beijing, falls in love with an American, and appeals to the ”Heavenly Bastard in the Sky” for guidance. Ten years after writing Twenty Fragments of a Ravenous Youth, Guo began translating it into English (with Pamela Casey and Rebecca Morris).
- 'The Walking Dead' cliffhanger victims revealed
- Emmy Rossum talks 'Shameless' directing debut, new trans character
- 'Westworld' postmortem: producers discuss episode 4
- Drake is releasing more new music in December
- Charlie Puth cancels remainder of tour due to sickness
- Universal Studios Japan is getting an entire 'Minions'-themed area
- President Obama dances to 'Hotline Bling' with Usher, Janelle Monáe