Part owner’s manual and part business proposal, Animals Make Us Human by Temple Grandin and Catherine Johnson argues that we can treat animals better if we consider the emotions that motivate them. (Tip: If your dog waits for a moment before going ?outside, it doesn’t matter who walks out first; you’re teaching ”impulse control,” not dominance.) Noted scholar Grandin — who believes her autism helps her understand animals — devotes equal space to domestic, commercial, and captive animals.
- WATCH: Helen Mirren's ruff day turns adorable as she's surprised by puppies
- Westworld finale: 10 unanswered questions
- Westworld: Ed Harris on those big finale twists
- 'The Royals': Elizabeth Hurley mocks Hugh Grant in season premiere
- 'The Walking Dead': Watch a sneak peek of the midseason finale
- 'Rogue One' creatures highlighted in behind-the-scenes video
- 'The Walking Dead': Jeffrey Dean Morgan on Negan terrorizing Carl
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big