We admit the idea of a pretty 16-year-old white girl from England fronting a band of Miami soul veterans – Betty Wright, Little Beaver, Latimore – and covering songs written before she was born smacks of cynical marketing. Thing is, Joss Stone does have an extraordinary voice, and the only misguided ploy on The Soul Sessions is a Roots-produced slo-mo cover of a White Stripes tune (”Fell in Love With a Boy”). And even that’s pretty good.
- 'Once Upon a Time': The hooded figure is revealed!
- Justin Bieber confirms he's single: 'I'm not really looking either'
- 'The Walking Dead' star Steven Yeun marries Joana Pak
- Donald Trump makes cinema great again on hilarious Instagram account
- 'Transformers' teases new trailer in behind-the-scenes clip
- Vanessa Bayer shares backstage photos of Jennifer Aniston on 'SNL'
- Box office: 'Moana' tops for second week, Disney sets industry record
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big