Mike Andrews, who created the magical score for Donnie Darko, delivers a poetic first solo album that proves he doesn’t need another’s narrative to produce inspired work. The story he tells is of the precariousness of relationships, illustrating it with diaphanous vocals, off-kilter arrangements, good old-fashioned musicianship (he plays most of the instruments), and charming eccentricity — two Hand on String songs reference citrus (”Hello Lemon,” ”Orange Meet Lemon”).
- Find out who won EW's Best Pop Culture President bracket
- Get your first look at Freeform's 25 Days of Christmas schedule
- 'The Walking Dead' producers pay tribute to Michael Cudlitz
- Mel Gibson calls 2006 tirade a ‘dim thing in the past’
- Watch some of Vine's most memorable videos
- 'Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep' opening cinematic reunites trio
- Vine stars react to Twitter's decision to shut down the platform