Billy Joel’s passionate, at times sappy, songs are the basis of Movin’ Out, a new Twyla Tharp- directed Broadway musical. The ”cast” album rests completely on the talents of singer/pianist/Broadway newcomer Michael Cavanaugh (the other performers are dancers), who squarely churns out the Long Island guy’s hits, from an affecting ”She’s Got a Way” to a cheesy ”Pressure.” Backup vocals and a brass-heavy 10-piece band add a show-tuney gloss to the material’s rock edges, but separated from the show, this feels like a karaoke album.
- 'Designated Survivor' is changing showrunners
- Sundance announces 2017 Premieres, Spotlight, Midnight, Kids sections
- 'Westworld' showrunners: Anybody could return in season 2
- 'Moana': Watch the gorgeous video for 'We Know the Way'
- Al Gore, Donald Trump, and Ivanka Trump meet to talk climate change
- Tim Roth reveals his grandfather sexually abused him, his father
- 'Biggest Loser' winner on regaining weight: 'I feel ashamed'
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday