It will come as no surprise to most Dylan fans that there’s nothing obviously modern about Modern Times. Recorded with his touring band, it takes much of its musical inspiration from the golden age that predated even his own earliest recordings. There’s plenty of good-time rock & roll; two romantic, jazzy swingers; a dash of roadhouse blues; plus a couple of haunting, electric folk songs.
- Why 'Trick 'r Treat' is the perfect Halloween movie
- Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder celebrates pennant victory with Chicago Cubs
- Kanye West won't go to the Grammys if Frank Ocean's not nominated
- 'Doctor Strange' reviews: Here's what the critics think
- Watch Lady Gaga rock through 'A-YO,' 'Million Reasons' on 'SNL'
- 'Man With a Plan': Matt LeBlanc on his 'bananas' new show
- 'SNL' sketch turns an innocent Halloween into a wild and crazy night