Hoping to replicate the success of Mamma Mia!, Good Vibrations cynically twists the tunes of the Beach Boys around a flimsy tale of high school grads with sun-soaked California dreams. Exuberant renditions of ”Surfer Girl” and ”Help Me, Rhonda” notwithstanding, the painfully naive (every day is A-OK in Surfin’ USA!) and unintentionally hilarious production (bikini-clad girls frolicking with beach balls!) reduces Brian Wilson’s music to its most superficial. If Prozac were a musical, this would be it.
- SyFy announces all-star cast for 'Face off' season 11
- Bill Murray celebrates Chicago Cubs' win and accepts Mark Twain Prize
- Lily Collins details 'difficult' past relationships in upcoming memoir
- 'Insecure' Co-EP: The show is 'culled from our lives'
- 'Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens' adds new dark side content
- You can find Doctor Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum on Google Maps
- 'Supergirl' boss previews 'innate hostility' between Kara and Mon-El