A spin-off of David Macaulay’s 1988 best-selling book, The Way Things Work 2.0 succeeds as a multimedia conversion but doesn’t quite deliver on its title’s promise. Macaulay’s ingenious drawings, which show the inner workings of some 200 devices — from airliner wing to zipper — benefit from animation and sound effects. Click on a word and up comes a definition or a cross-reference.
- Ice Cube developing modern-day 'Oliver Twist' musical at Disney
- 'Black Mirror' creator: The one twist that was too heartbreaking to do
- Tinashe almost freaked out when working with 'idol' Britney Spears
- Westworld ratings take hit from Walking Dead
- Simon Pegg talks 'Star Trek Beyond' with an ISS astronaut
- Missing backup dancer found safe after Rihanna’s emotional plea
- 'Uncharted' movie picks up Shawn Levy to direct
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop