In auteur David Koepp’s adaptation of the Stephen King novella Secret Window, Johnny Depp plays disheveled author Mort Rainey, who struggles with writer’s block in a remote cabin while his estranged wife (Maria Bello) shares their old house with her boorish lover (Timothy Hutton). A menacing stranger named John Shooter (John Turturro) pays a visit, accusing Rainey of stealing a story from him. Soon enough, dead bodies – animal and human – start piling up. There are more slow patches than thrills, and Turturro’s good-ol’-boy twang grows tiresome.
- 'Ghostbusters' director gets 'choked up' by supportive fans
- Miley Cyrus storms Virginia college to campaign for Hillary Clinton
- Lauryn Hill gives powerful performance of 'Rebel' on 'Charlie Rose'
- 'Jessica Jones' season 2: Showrunner promises all-female directors
- Cecilia Hart, wife of James Earl Jones, dies at 68
- Tom Cruise, Jude Law compare on-set underwater breath-holding stories
- 'Deadpool 2' loses director Tim Miller