Michael Jackson's latest video won't go into heavy rotation anytime soon. The Associated Press reports that a Superior Court judge issued an order Tuesday temporarily barring the release of the secretly shot footage, which shows Jackson and lawyer Mark Geragos on the private plane that brought them from Las Vegas to Santa Barbara, where the performer surrendered on sexual abuse charges last week.
Representatives of XtraJet, the company that owns the chartered plane, told the L.A. Times that they were trying to figure out who had taped the flight, but added that they have already showed the tapes to media outlets. The judge barred the company from releasing the footage for broadcast, according to AP. An attorney for Jackson, Brian Kabateck, told AP that he believed there were two cameras in the plane's cabin, and suggested that XtraJet might have placed them there. The company's lawyer denied that accusation in court, according to AP.
Meanwhile, the mother of the boy who's accusing Jackson of molestation had positive things to say about him as recently as April or May, her former attorney, Michael Manning, tells the Associated Press. '''He was really good to us' -- that's what she said at the time,'' Manning, who represented the mother in her divorce from the boy's father, told AP. He added that the mother never mentioned anything about sexual abuse. Manning said that the mother was subdued about her family's visits to Neverland. ''They didn't brag about it. They weren't star crazy,'' he told the wire service.