The Five Unhealthiest Cookbooks
A recent press release issued by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, an independent watchdog group based in Washington, D.C., certainly gives us something to chew on. Entitled ''Some of the Worst Cookbooks You Can Buy This Summer,'' it lists five tomes that contain enough artery-clogging dishes to make you lose your appetite permanently. They are:
1. The Miss America Cookbook, by Ann Marie Bivans
2. The Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous Cookbook, by Robin Leach
3. The Perdue Chicken Cookbook, by Mitzi Perdue (with Frank Perdue)
4. Better Homes and Gardens What's For Dinner?
5. The Way to Cook, by Julia Child