Ace of Base first scaled U.S. charts with its annoyingly catchy pop-reggae hit, ''All That She Wants,'' from their debut album, The Sign. Thanks to that single and two follow-up hits (the record's title song and ''Don't Turn Around''), the album has sold 3 million copies in the U.S. Now all the Gothenburg, Sweden-based quartet Ulf Ekberg, 23, and Berggren siblings Jonas, 27, Linn, 23, and Jenny, 22 wants is another hit, so this month they'll begin recording their second album. Before doing so, they found time to endure our ''10 Stupid Questions'' challenge this time with a geographical twist:
1. Are you the biggest band in Sweden? Jenny: We are the biggest export. But we sing in English, so we're not big in Sweden. There, you have to mix with the right people in Stockholm and be really cool and we're sort of not.
2. How could you make yourselves stylish a la that other big Swedish band, Roxette? Ulf: I need bigger breasts.
3. Is your government too soft on its citizens? After all, it pays for everyone's medical expenses Ulf: We should be harder, maybe, but I really love Sweden. It's safer and cleaner compared to other countries.
4. Do Swedes talk to strangers? Jenny: In Sweden, it's quite fun to talk to someone in an elevator, because they're not used to it! Tell them a joke, and it scares them.
5. Ulf has a tattoo of Thor's hammer. What would the rest of you get? Jonas: I'd get a Volvo.
6. What would it take to get Sweden into a war? Jenny: A lot. We haven't seen a war in 200 years. We are the most peaceful people in the world. Jonas: We're cowards.
7. Would you buy stock in ABBA? Jenny: If I knew then what I know now, yes. They're a good investment. Their melodies never die. People won't forget them.
8. Are you Ingmar Bergman fans? Jenny: He can be cruel, but very good. I feel uncomfortable because he shows reality, which I'm not always in the mood for.
9. What does Ace of Base mean? Jonas: Our base is our studio, and an ace is like a master. So, we are aces of our studio.
10. Did you ever think of spelling it Ace of Bass? Jonas: That would be even more corny.