10 things EW loves: Week of December 3, 2004
1. HUGH GRANT in 'Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason'
Bid goodbye to Ol' Floppyhead, who's darn good as a cad in this, his reported finale.
2. LORI & BOLO
We've always thought the only missing link from CBS' 'The Amazing Race' was pro wrestlers. Done.
3. RENDEZVOUS, Luna
Dean Wareham & Co. have called it quits but they give us some lovely swan songs infused with their signature mix of enchanting guitar sprawls over Wareham's wry whispers.
4. ONE PLANET
You've got the whole world in your hands with this bound collection of striking postcard images from the Lonely Planet archives.
5. LYNN REDGRAVE in 'Kinsey'
If there were an Oscar for Best Minute-Long Performance, we'd bet all the money in our pocket on Redgrave's turn as an ebullient elderly lesbian.
6. CHEF'S SECRETS, by Francine Maroukian
Luckily for us, chefs, unlike magicians, have no compunctions about revealing the tricks of their trade. Even the most culinarily astute can feast on this compendium of tips from some top cooks.
7. BEFORE SUNSET Revisit, on DVD, Richard Linklater's tender talking tour through the romantic rues of Paris and the quaint quais of the Seine.
8. SILENCETHEMUSICAL. COM Cannibalism is deliciously served up in this tuneful and crass retelling of Silence of the Lambs. For mature audiences.
9. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES and PITTSBURGH STEELERS With Donovan McNabb and Ben Roethlisberger calling the plays, the Keystone State is now the Pigskin State.
10. NUMBER ONES, Bee Gees Nineteen tracks by the Brothers Gibb are showcased in this neat CD, including the Fab Four-channeling ''Lonely Days.''